- September 8, 2019 at 10:03 am #808waterfire741Participant
I’ve been re-reading D.A. and I thought it’d be fun to list out some of the lingering mysteries Mr. Conroe has so thoughtfully left for us.
Here’s some of that I can recall just off the bat, so why don’t y’all add yours to the list?
1. During the Conclave, Senka mentions an event in Darkkin history called ‘the Anarchy’. What is this event, what caused it, and what ended it? It sounds like someone/something purged the Elders of that time, and the vampires went haywire. Thoughts?
2. Tzao is definitely the cypher of the current Elder lineup; she might show some pride in being the originator of Chris’ V-squared line, but she also runs the Asian contingent of Darkkin with an iron fist, to the point that she tells them to use her chosen proxy, and they all obey. We know Senka commutes back and forth between Europe and America, but what is the Treasure of the Middle Kingdom doing this whole time? What was she doing when the Vorsook infection was ravaging China and parts of SE Asia?
3. Perun (interesting name, it’s the same as a Slavic god of thunder and lightning, kinda like Thor), Declan’s biological father, seems to have been run like a race-car as it regards Declan’s begetting. What are the chances that he was being either threatened or compulsed into obedience? Or is he just a complete tool, like Declan has always believed? He’s also known to wear an anti-Fae amulet, so what in the hell is his game? Not to mention, what is his Circle’s involvement in Maeve’s assassination? We know the assassin is dead, but what about the rest of the Circle?
4. Macha (another interesting name, it’s one of the aspects of the Celtic war Goddess Morrigan) might be a conniving, manipulative, cruel leader but what in the hell was the rest of the Irwin Circle doing when she was arranging for Ashling and Maeve to be raped? I find it hard to believe that they’d just sit there on their thumbs while their ‘darlings’ were being abused, unless they were either snowjobbed or they suck decayed moose wang as people. Have they been running a game too? If they were snowjobbed, what happens when the truth comes out?
5. Task Force 17 – what are these gov’t operators doing in the aftermath of the great reveal? Being govies, they’re unlikely to have just been retired, so what’re they working on?September 9, 2019 at 11:43 am #809LoupyParticipant
I asked some of these questions (2 & 3) in another thread. Here they are:
1. Where was Elder Tzao when China was being invaded by the Vorsook?
2. Where were Ondrej the Giant while Elder Senka was kicking alien ass in Italy & China? He better have some good excuses.
3. Does Elder Tzao have a witch on her staff?
4. Instead of running & huffing & puffing to keep up with Chris & company, why doesn’t Declan fly? He has full air power now.
5. Do the Fey have angels of their own? If so where the F are they? Extended coffee break?
6. Do the Fey’s action’s kidnapping, murder etc. condemn them to hell?
7. Can Chris bring a priest along & consecrate some ground in Fairy, so Barbiel or the local Fey angel can appear?
8. Dragons aren’t native to Fairy, so where do they come from? Do they collect hoards? Does gold sooth a magical itch or serve a purpose for them?
9. Do the dwarves come from the same world the dragons came from, or yet another one? Are they enemies on their home world?
10. The New York Pack is now the Mid-Atlantic & New England pack. That implies a LOT more than just one challenge to consolidate that much territory. It implies at least 10-15 or more challenges, if packs are in every decent sized city (see the Ashville, NC pack in Fallen Stars). He’d have to take out every Alpha between Bangor, Maine & Richmond, Virginia. WTF happened? Are witches trying to destroy him? Is that why Brock missed what was happening in his own pack? The story says a down turn in business preoccupied him, but the multiple challenges & dealing with a suddenly huge amount of territory & fractious seconds may be more to blame.
11. With Summer beaten up so bad by Omega, will Morrigan consider that to be true defeat & call off the truce she had with Declan?
12. Who hired the Croatian death witch, Macha B or someone else?
13. Is Perun an actual bad guy or one of Macha B’s victims? He & Laban came to get married, it doesn’t seem normal BOTH would suddenly want to rape their prospective wives (Darwinian if nothing else). Did Macha B bind them when they said no to her scheme & force them to do the deed? They were a weak male witch & a non-witch respectively, it wouldn’t have been difficult for her. Him wanting to talk to Declan may imply there is another side to the sordid affair.
14. What about the Vorsook? Are they condemning themselves by killing or enslaving all other species? They seem to be enemies of demons (Demon Divine), how did that happen?September 11, 2019 at 2:54 pm #810WolfmanParticipant
Some very interesting questions.
– I had similar thoughts about Perun and his brother being influenced, probably by Macha. IF that’s the case, what happens if Declan finds out? He’s always felt tainted being the son of a rapist, so how would that info change his worldview? And would it lead to the beatdown of Macha that we’ve all been waiting for?
– Who was the death witch that killed Declan’s mom really working for? She appeared to have a different objective than Macha and her circle.
– The Mid Atlantic and New England pack was mentioned in Rogues (where Stacia says there’s been some consolidation) so I’m not sure how long ago that is in the story’s timeline. I would think a couple of years at least, so I doubt it plays a part in the pack’s current troubles.
– I mentioned this in another post, but what happened to Lilith’s weapon (Shukur?) from Demon Divine? Last we saw it was thrown at her by Chris, and presumably kept on going. If someone finds it, would they be opening themselves up to demonic influence? Would Chris and co. have to track it down and take it away from them?
– Not sure if Declan can fly, that would likely require a high degree of control of his Air ability. But what about baby Cora, will her levitation talent eventually allow her to learn how to fly?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.